December 23rd is the last day to enroll in Covered California™ for coverage taking effect on January 1, 2014. Covered California is sponsoring a variety of events in December to maximize enrollment for January coverage.
- Special Sunday hours: Covered California will offer extended service center hours on Sunday, December 15th and Sunday, December 22nd to help consumers enroll before the December 23rd deadline.
- “Give the Gift of Health”: Covered California is sponsoring this campaign to empower family members, particularly mothers and grandmothers, in urging young adults to enroll in affordable and quality health coverage through the agency’s health insurance marketplace. The campaign includes:
- A Web page at https://www.CoveredCA.com/pledge where residents can make a pledge to get loved ones covered.
- An e-card that can be sent to friends and family with a personal message and more information about their options for insurance through Covered California, including low-cost or no-cost Medi-Cal.
- A pledge certificate that can be presented to loved ones during the holidays as a symbol of your willingness to help them get insured.
- Tips for starting a discussion with friends and family about the importance of having health insurance.
- Library Days: Covered California is partnering with local libraries to host a series of education and enrollment days during December. Click https://www.coveredca.com/events/PDFs/Library-Events.pdf for a list of participating libraries.
The next two weeks are critical to Covered California’s efforts to maximize enrollment. To maintain our focus on enrollment activities during this period, Covered California will not hold the Board meeting that was tentatively-scheduled for December 19th. The Board will meet next on Thursday, January 23, 2014. Click here for the 2014 Board calendar.
While open enrollment will continue through March 2014, we encourage you to talk to friends and family over the next two weeks to let them know about the important December 23rd deadline.